Please check the ubc.ca website for weather warnings and campus closure.
Sessional Clinical Associate
Application Closing Date: Ongoing
Expected Start Date: Various terms during the academic year
The UBC School of Nursing is currently inviting applications for part time clinical instructors to teach clinical nursing courses in the undergraduate program. Courses are held in classrooms, nursing labs and practice settings with a strong focus for clinical instructors on an educational role in clinical practice settings. Our undergraduate BSN program runs all three terms - fall, winter and summer. Therefore, we require instructors with different skills at different times of the year.
- To assist with the planning, implementation and evaluation of the clinical component of undergraduate nursing courses
- To educate students in a participatory, interactive and inclusive environment to develop competency and capacity for critical judgment, decision-making and mastery of entry level competencies within the broader context of comprehensive patient/client care.
- Collaborates with, works closely with and reports to the course leader and the Associate Director, Undergraduate Programs as required.
- Actively participates in the teaching of nursing competencies in the clinical practice skills labs.
- Clinical supervision of a group of students in a hospital or community health setting.
- Assigns students to provide direct care to patient/client
- Assesses students' initial skills level and identifies the need for teaching of new skills
- Monitors and evaluates students' skills performance to ensure that accepted professional practice standards are maintained.
- Directs supervision and teaching of skills as appropriate to direct patient care in the clinical setting
- Attend orientation session(s) at clinical sites as may be necessary.
- Assists course leaders with the theoretical component of clinical coursework, such as grading required papers or delivering lecture(s)
- Participates in team activities relative to planning, implementing and evaluating the clinical component of the undergraduate program
- Works independently and interdependently in clinical settings
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Undergraduate degree in Nursing & Registered Nurse with CRNBC; Masters Preferred
- At least two years of experience in a clinical practice.
- Strong clinical background in Adult Acute/Critical Care, Maternal/Child, Pediatrics, Mental Health, Gerontology, or Community/Population Health.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Teaching experience and/or a keen interest in teaching
Positions will remain open until filled. Start dates vary. Please email applications and a curriculum vitae to:
UBC School of Nursing
T201-2211 Wesbrook Mall
Vancouver, B.C. V6T 2B5