Please check the ubc.ca website for weather warnings and campus closure.
In Search of Nursing’s History
Nursing History Symposium at UBC Woodward Library
Date: 08 Mar 2018
Presented by: UBC librarians, archivists, the UBC Consortium for Nursing History Inquiry, and the BC History of Nursing Society
Time: 10 am – 2 pm
Venue: Memorial Room, UBC Woodward Library, 2198 Health Sciences Mall, Vancouver, BC [MAP];
Contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org; http://blogs.ubc.ca/nursinghistory/
Twitter: @ubcnursing #nursinghistory
The 2018 Nursing History Symposium will offer an exciting opportunity to explore new and existing resources in nursing history on campus and beyond. New digital projects, archival, special and photograph collections as well as artifacts relevant to nursing history will be displayed, presented and discussed. Please join us for Presentations, Discussions and the Walk About to examine what’s new and what’s old in search of the rich history of nursing and healthcare.
Students, faculty, scholars, professionals, community members and alumni are invited.
- Opening Presentation “Communities Change and so do Libraries” by Aleteia Greenwood, Head, Woodward Library and Biomedical Branch, UBC
- Opening of Panel “Preserving Nursing and Health History in a Time of Digitization” by Larissa Ringham, Librarian, Digital Projects, UBC Digitization Initiatives
- Several short panel presentations and discussion will follow
- The Symposium will conclude with a Walk About of a series of nursing history displays and lunch
- The interactive symposium will be held at the UBC Woodward library’s historic space, starting in the Memorial Room.
- Full program coming soon: http://blog.ubc.ca/nursinghistory
REGISTRATION (lunch included):
- General ticket: $15
- Reduced ticket (students & retirees): $10