2019 EDGE Arts Festival
Date: 04 Apr 2019
Presented by: UBC School of Nursing
Room: Vancity Theatre, 1181 Seymour St, Vancouver, BC
Time: Doors open @ 6:30pm. Program at 7-9pm.
The EDGE Arts Festival has expanded to include a number of arts-based research approaches as well as short films. Film submissions are being reviewed. Selected films will be presented at the 2019 EDGE Arts Festival.
Submit your <5-minute nursing- or health-focused film for a chance to be screened on Thursday, April 4, 2019 at the Vancity Theatre.
EXTENDED Deadline for Notice of Intent: January 15, 2019
Potential applicants are requested to indicate their intention to submit a film. Details on eligibility requirements and a short description of the proposed film are also required.
Deadline for invited full film submissions: March 1, 2019
• Eligible applicants must have a demonstrable affiliation to the UBC School of Nursing, including Alumni, Students, Faculty, Emeriti, Adjuncts, and Friends of the School.
• Maximum film length 5 minutes (we have no minimum length).
All submissions will be viewed in their entirety by at least three judges. Submissions will be judged and scored based on criteria including, but not limited to: quality of evidence, impactful content, originality of narrative, and production quality. After selection, notification letters will be sent electronically.
SCREENING FOR SELECTED SHORTS
Selected films will be presented at the 2019 EDGE Festival at the VanCity Theatre on April 4, 2019, and later archived on the UBC Nursing website and/or YouTube channel.
If your short is selected for exhibition we will inform you. We will also send you an exhibition file request email. You will need to provide an HD (1920 x 1080) exhibition file.
• There is no festival premiere eligibility requirements. Shorts that have screened at other festivals are still eligible.
• There is no public or internet broadcast eligibility requirements. If your short has screened on Vimeo etc, it is still eligible.
• The decision of the selection committee is final.
• Stills of selected films may also be shown on the Festival website and publicity/promo material including press releases, festival brochures and other materials.
• Entrants are responsible for securing all rights and permissions from copyright and other holders relating to their short.
• EDGE Festival reserves the right to update or modify these terms and policies without prior notice.