In accordance with the School's Return to Campus policy, all employees and visitors are required to Self Assess before entering the hospital and must complete this survey upon accessing the third floor.
CANADA GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS DOCTORAL (CGS D) PROGRAM & SSHRC DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS
The objective of the Canada Graduate Scholarships-Doctoral (CGS D) Program is to promote continued excellence in Canadian research by rewarding and retaining high-calibre doctoral students at Canadian institutions. By providing support for a high-quality research training experience to awardees, the CGS D program strives to foster impacts within and beyond the research environment.
For more information about the 2021/2022 CGSD competition details, please visit the G+PS website competition page (linked here).
The Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) Doctoral Fellowships support high-calibre students engaged in doctoral programs in the social sciences and humanities. This support allows scholars to fully focus on their doctoral studies, to seek out the best research mentors in their chosen fields and to contribute to the Canadian research ecosystem during and beyond the tenure of their awards.
SSHRC welcomes applications involving Indigenous research, as well as those involving research-creation.
Note: Both the SSHRC Doctoral Fellowships and the Canada Graduate Scholarships—Doctoral Scholarships (CGS D) are offered through one annual national competition. Applicants need to submit only one application to be considered for one or both awards. As each award has notable differences, applicants must read the descriptions for each award carefully to determine if they are eligible to apply and hold each award. Applicants eligible for both the SSHRC Doctoral Fellowships and CGS D Scholarships will automatically be considered for both awards.
For more information about the 2021/2022 SSHRC Doctoral Fellowship competition details, please visit G+PS website competition page (linked here).
School of Nursing Internal Deadlines for Departmental Adjudication:
- UBC applicants will complete their CGSD application using the online application system associated with the appropriate funding agency (CIHR or SSHRC).
- For detailed instructions on how to select the appropriate funding agency and apply on line, please visit the G+PS CGSD Competition Page & select "Application Procedures" to expand & reveal details.
- For detailed instructions for the SSHRC Doctoral Fellowships, please refer to the CGSD webpage (the SSHRC Doctoral Fellowships share application procedures with the CGSD).
- UBC applicants must submit their complete application package online by 14 September 2021 at 12:00 pm PDT
- Please check the CGSD website regularly for updates. When the deadline is announced, it will be circulated to all PhD Students via the Graduate Student e-Newsletter.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
After the G+PS Application deadline, G+PS will provide electronic copies of applications submitted by their current and prospective students to UBC graduate programs shortly after the applicant deadline.
- Graduate programs are to review their applications for eligibility and completeness, rank their applications, and select their nominees.
- All applicants will be notified of their nomination status via email.
If you have questions about whether the competition is right for you and your program of research please contact your PhD Program Graduate Advisor: Dr. Susan Dahinten
You are also able to contact the Funding Agencies directly:
- CIHR contact centre - firstname.lastname@example.org
- NSERC- email@example.com
- SSHRC - firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions about how to collect your transcripts to include in your application, or other information provided on the G+PS Competition page, please contact Rana Hakami – Manager, Student Services (email@example.com)
Yes, the Office of Nursing Research & Teaching Scholarship (ONRTS) has access to past successful applications you can view. For support please contact Merrilee Hughes, Grant Facilitator (firstname.lastname@example.org)