In accordance with the School's Return to Campus policy, all employees and visitors are required to Self Assess before entering the hospital and must complete this survey upon accessing the third floor.
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program is designed to attract and retain world-class doctoral students by supporting students who demonstrate both leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in the social sciences and humanities, natural sciences and engineering, and health-related fields. The Vanier CGS is valued at $50,000 per year for up to three years.
For more information about the 2021/2022 competition details, please visit the G+PS website competition page (linked here)
School of Nursing Internal Deadlines for Departmental Adjudication:
- UBC Vanier applicants will complete their Vanier application using ResearchNet, an online application system.
- Applicants to UBC must submit their complete Vanier application package via ResearchNet by 12 noon (PDT - Vancouver time) on Thursday, 2 September 2021.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Applicants should refer to the Vanier CGS website for step-by-step application instructions
- After the G+PS Application deadline, G+PS will provide electronic copies of applications submitted by their current and prospective students to UBC graduate programs shortly after the applicant deadline.
- Graduate programs are to review their applications for eligibility and completeness, rank their applications, and select their nominees.
- All applicants will be notified of their nomination status via email.
If you have questions about whether the competition is right for you and your program of research please contact your PhD Program Graduate Advisor: Dr. Susan Dahinten
The first and best place to start is your doctoral program supervisor and the Vanier CGS website for step-by-step application instructions.
You are also able to contact CIHR directly:
- Program information (to clarify application procedures, eligiblity rules, and other questions about the Vanier CGS Program)
- Email: email@example.com
- Technical support (for support with ResearchNet online portal & the Vanier CGS online application)
If you have questions about how to collect your transcripts to include in your application, or other information provided on the G+PS Competition page, please contact Rana Hakami – Manager, Student Services (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Yes, the Office of Nursing Research & Teaching Scholarship (ONRTS) has access to past successful applications you can view. For support please contact Merrilee Hughes, Grant Facilitator (email@example.com)