Research and Evidence-Based Practice (3)
The purpose of this course is to build foundational knowledge and skills in searching the literature, critically analyzing research and synthesizing evidence, and applying this evidence to issues of relevance to nursing practice.
- Describe the nature of evidence and its contribution to knowledge development in nursing.
- Identify research that is relevant to a particular problem or topic area in nursing.
- Systematically assess and evaluate the quality of this research and the usefulness of the evidence it provides.
- Synthesize and interpret this evidence to develop justifiable conclusions and identify knowledge gaps.
- Apply strategies for using this evidence to address specific nursing practice goals and issues.
How to access your course in the UBC Course Schedule: In the top right corner of the page, please select the correct session (W or S), select your course from the list of NURS courses, and click on the course & session number (e.g NURS 123 XXX) to read the published notes for that section. To register as a student you must logged in with your CWL.