Health Promotions in Practice (3)
Nurses, nurse practitioners and other clinicians can be highly influential in fostering health promotion in clinical and community practice settings. Nursing 506 examines the role of health promotion in diverse practice contexts. Students' will explore various health promotion strategies, approaches and interventions. Emphasis is on how to adapt health promotion strategies, approaches and interventions in ways that take the social and economic contexts of peoples’ lives into account.
- Identify assumptions and values that underpin various conceptualizations of health promotion
- Critically analyze current recommendations for health promotion, harm reduction, and illness prevention
- Discuss the social and economic contexts that influence people’s engagement with health promotion
- Describe how health promotion interventions, strategies and approaches can be implemented in clinical practice
- Discuss the role of advanced practice nurses in integrating health promotion to clinical and community practice settings
How to access your course in the UBC Course Schedule: In the top right corner of the page, please select the correct session (W or S), select your course from the list of NURS courses, and click on the course & session number (e.g NURS 123 XXX) to read the published notes for that section. To register as a student you must logged in with your CWL.