Clinical Procedures in Primary Care Settings (2)
An overview of common office procedures used in primary care practice by a Nurse Practitioner (NP). Primary care diagnostic and treatment procedures such as x-ray interpretation, ECG interpretation, IUD insertion, suturing, shave and punch biopsies and administration of local anesthesia.
- Understand principles foundational to selected diagnostic tests
- Describe indications for ordering specific diagnostic tests
- Understand principles underlying immunizations
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret selected diagnostic tests, including ECG, x-ray, ultrasound, Doppler, CT scan and PEFR/screening spirometry
- Perform common minor office procedures safely and in a manner that ensures client comfort
How to access your course in the UBC Course Schedule: In the top right corner of the page, please select the correct session (W or S), select your course from the list of NURS courses, and click on the course & session number (e.g NURS 123 XXX) to read the published notes for that section. To register as a student you must logged in with your CWL.