I am a Student and want to apply to the Mentorship program
The link to the application form can be found at the end of this page.
What will I learn as a Mentee?
- Learn about different professional work experiences
- Develop professional career goals to assist in planning your future
- Learn how to ask good questions
- Build and strengthen your communication skills through participating in professional networking
What is the matching process between mentors and mentees?
Mentors and mentees are matched based on a variety of factors that include:
- Clinical populations
- Career directions
- Practice locations
What would I do with my mentor?
There are a diverse range of opportunities available to you—it will depend on your mentoring partnership.
The core of a mentorship relationship is an opportunity to talk, ask questions, share stories and seek advice. This can happen in person, by email, or over the phone, according to the needs and capacity of each pair.
In the past, some mentees have had the opportunity to attend meetings, networking events, workplace shadowing, workshops, discussions around different types of career/job options, reviewing resumes, help with interview techniques and more.
What kind of support will I receive during the program?
Throughout the mentorship program, the mentorship program coordinators will be available to assist you through the mentoring relationship and respond to your questions and concerns. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What are some of the ways a mentor can help me?
All mentoring relationships will be different. Your mentor may be able to help with some of the following areas:
- Provide professional development opportunities
- Provide guidance on workplace expectations, professional relationships and career paths
- Model professional behaviour
- Assist students with exploring different career options
- Provide support and assistance with the development of interview skills, resume building and networking skills
- Provide direction for networking
- Assist with the development of professional communication
- Goal setting
- Help student mentees establish career, professional, academic and personal goals
- Provide student mentees with support and direction for attaining established goals
Can I have more than one mentor?
The mentoring program only matches mentors to one mentee at a time. This will enable you to focus specifically on that partnership.