Please check the ubc.ca website for weather warnings and campus closure. January 16, 2020 Update: Campus operations and classes are proceeding as normal.
2020 EDGE Arts Festival
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Date: 02 Apr 2020
Presented by: UBC Nursing Alumni Engagement & Research Committees
Room: Call for submissions is NOW OPEN
- Deadline for Letter of Intent EXTENDED to: January 10, 2020
- Anticipated Notice of Decision EXTENDED to: Jan. 20, 2020
- Full Submissions Invited Forward: Jan. 31, 2020
- Final Acceptance Notices: mid February 2020
- EDGE Arts Festival: April 2, 2020
This call for submissions marks the 4th annual EDGE Arts Festival hosted by the UBC School of Nursing. Originally launched as a short-film festival, this popular event has continued to expand to reflect the diversity of arts-based research and scholarship being conducted by UBC Nursing faculty, students, alumni, and friends. The unifying theme across the diverse media showcased is how arts-based inquiry is being used in nursing and healthcare.
- To be eligible applicants must have a connection to the UBC School of Nursing including: Alumni, Students, Faculty, Emeriti, Adjuncts, and Friends of the School.
- Diverse forms of arts-based scholarship are welcome. Past examples of research-based arts exhibited include: short film, theatre, painting, photography, textile arts, board games, and more.
- Participants’ submissions are adjudicated by a jury of UBC Nursing committee which may include faculty, students, staff, and alumni
- Applications are juried relative to their scholarly rigour, impactful content (new/creative angle on previously known topic/concept/substantive area; and/or adds to the knowledge of the topic/concept/substantive area), production quality, eligibility of the applicant, and relevance to nursing and health
- All adjudication decisions are final