Vicky Bungay CRC Chair has been renewed
16 Dec 2020
The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Industry (ISED) announced on December 16, 2020, 260 new and renewed Canada Research Chairs. Among them, the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council Tier 2 Canada Research Chair (CRC) in Gender, Equity & Community Engagement, held by Dr. Vicky Bungay, has been renewed for five years. An enthusiastic congratulations goes out to Dr. Bungay.
The Canada Research Chair program supports research professorships to foster research excellence in engineering and natural sciences, health sciences, humanities, and social sciences. Dr. Bungay was a SSHRC Tier 2 chairholder after successful nomination in April, 2015. Tier 2 chairholders are eligible for renewal during the 5th year of their appointment for an additional 5 years.
RESEARCH PROGRAM – EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
Dr. Bungay's research program tackles systemic challenges for women experiencing violence. The objectives are:
- generate new knowledge to enhance service delivery for women in effective and non-harmful ways;
- advance the science of complex intervention research;
- contribute to greater engagement of women experiencing violence in civil society and government.
Major goals include:
- adapt and test the effectiveness of interventions in varied contexts with sub-groups of women experiencing violence;
- enrich the capacity of a research consortium to effectively respond within a trauma and violence informed approach to policy and programming; and
- advance community-based research approaches to foster women’s civic engagement.