- BEd, Glasgow University/University of Saskatchewan
- MEd, University of Saskatchewan
- PhD, University of Saskatchewan
- Faculty Associate, Institute of Health Promotion Research, UBC
- Adjunct Professor, Faculty of Health and Social Development, OUC
- Community Action Toward Child Health, Kelowna
- Sun Awareness Provincial Advisory Committee, BC
- BCCA Cancer Control Strategy Group
- Sociobehavioural Cancer Research Network
- Adjunct Professor: School of Nursing. Okanagan University College (UBC, O.)
- Journal Reviewer: Canadian Journal of Public Health, Journal of Science and Medicine
I am currently Regional Primary Prevention Coordinator at BC Cancer Agency (CSI) in Kelowna, BC. The major responsibilities of this position involve the design, implementation, evaluation and maintenance of community-identified primary prevention of cancer initiatives. Central issues are independent original research in community capacity and behavioural risk, collaboration with several interdisciplinary teams researching attitudes and values around risk and health and creating a sustaining framework for resulting resources. This regional program, better known as the Waddell Project is now in its fifth year and has initiatives in 14 communities.
Faculty Associate, 1HPR, UBC
Waddell Project Community Developed Primary Prevention of Cancer Initiatives. PI Lynne Baillie
Tobacco Use Among Youth: Exploring the Transition from Experimentation to Regular Smoking: Phase II. Joy Johnson (PI), Chris Lovatto, Lynne Baillie and Cecilia Kalaw. Funded by NCIC.
Communication in Cancer Care. Sally Thorne (PI), Susan Harris, UBC; Greg Hislop, BCCA; Liza McGuinness, UBC, Lynne Baillie, BCCA-CSI; Lynne Esson, UBC. Funded by NCIC.
Determining the cancer prevention information needs of children in kindergarten to grade three. Funded by Kelowna Sunrise Rotations and resulting in Better Choices resource now used in SD22 and SD23. Lynne Baillie, BCCA-CSI (PI), Anne Steinley, SD22, Kathy Wickam, SD22 and Kay Snowdon, SD 22.
Sun protection knowledge and behaviours of children aged 5 - 12 years in North Okanagan; Sun protection knowledge and behaviours of adolescents in North and South Okanagan. Funded by donation, resulting in the SunWise Guys Initiative. Lynne Baillie, BCCA-CSI (PI), Wendy Aasen, Waddell Project.
Determining the evaluation needs of communities developing and implementing their own primary prevention of cancer initiatives. Sharon Storoschuk, BC Heart and Stroke, Ingrid Pipke, Centre for Community Health and Health Evaluation Research, Lynne Baillie, BCCA-CSI. Funded by donation and resulting in A Community Evaluation Handbook.
- Academic supervisor with Royal Roads MALT program.
- Lecture at Okanagan University College in the areas of community development and qualitative research (PAR).
- Administering Waddell Project (Community Cancer Prevention)