School of Nursing Centenary Medal of Distinction
The School of Nursing Centenary Medal of Distinction has been created to mark the celebration of the school's 100th anniversary. The medal serves to recognize individuals who have brought high honour to the School of Nursing or to the profession of nursing, and/or who have made long standing/significant contributions to advance the school's vision, mission and mandate. This year's medals will be presented at the Nursing Gala on May 2, 2019.
Presentation of the award will take place at the School of Nursing Gala on May 2, 2019.
Anyone living as of January 1, 2019 who meets the criteria, including alumni, past and present faculty, staff, donors and practice partners.
Centenary Medal of Distinction winners will have:
- Brought high honour to the school or the profession of nursing and/or
- Made long standing and major contributions to advancing the school’s vision, mission and mandate
- Anyone may nominate a deserving candidate.
- Nomination process will be online
- Information required includes name of nominator, name and contact information of the nominee, nominee’s past or present relationship to the School of Nursing, brief description of nominee’s outstanding achievements or contributions deserving of recognition.
- Additional information in support of a nomination is permitted, but not essential.
- Deadline for submission: March 1, 2019.
- Decisions will be made by the Director, School of Nursing
- The Director may elect to select a panel and/or consult with others as needed