Ready to Apply?
UBC Applications for September 2023 intake will open in October 2022
Step 1: UBC Application
- Submit a UBC Undergraduate Admissions Application.
- Program Option: BSN program offered at UBC-Vancouver campus.
- If you have previously been a student at UBC, please apply through your SSC account in lieu of the Education Planner.
- Pay the Undergraduate Admission Fee.*
This fee applies to all applicants, including current & returning UBC Students.
Step 2: Supplemental Application
- Access the Nursing Supplemental Application via the Student Service Centre (after you complete Step 1)
- Pay the Nursing Supplemental Application Fee.
- Submit your Nursing Supplemental Application.
Step 3: Altus Suite (CASPer)
- Complete an online assessment (Altus Suite) to assist with our selection process.
Please note: Successful completion of Altus Suite is mandatory to obtain admission eligibility.
Important Application Deadlines
1. UBC Initial Application (online) Deadline: December 1, 2022 at 11:59 pm PST
2. PLAR Review Application of HAP Courses Deadline: December 1, 2022 at 11:59 pm PST
4. Interim Official Transcript Deadline: January 31, 2023 at 11:59 pm PST
5. BSN Supplemental Application Deadline: January 15, 2023 at 11:59 pm PST
6. CASPer Assessment Completion Deadline: February 2, 2023 at 11:59 pm PST
7. Final Official Transcript Deadline: June 7, 2023 11:59 pm PDT
- Late applications are not accepted.
- We accept official transcripts postmarked by the final transcript deadline.
- All transcripts (interim & final) must be official and submitted directly from the issuing institution.
- All transcripts must be submitted to UBC Undergraduate Admissions (see below for instructions)
- If a deadline falls on the weekend or a statutory holiday, it will be extended to the next business day.
If you have never attended UBC:
- Go to http://you.ubc.ca
- Click on Apply to UBC (red button on top right side of the page) and you will be directed to "Apply to UBC".
- Pay the non-refundable Undergraduate Admissions Fee to submit your application.
If you are a current or former UBC student:
- Go to Student Service Centre and log into your CWL account.
- Complete an Application for Readmission or a Change of Degree Program/Campus form depending on your status with UBC.
- Pay the non-refundable Undergraduate Admissions Fee to submit your application
Current UBC students applying for a change of degree program will not lose their eligibility in the current program.
UBC Application Deadline: December 1, 2022 at 11:59 pm PST
Late applications are not accepted
Please note: It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide a current, working email address when applying to the program and update it as required. Applicants are strongly encouraged to check their email on regular basis throughout the application process.
The supplement will become available a few days after you submit your UBC application in your SSC supplemental application tab. Once you receive access to the supplemental application on the Student Services Centre:
- Log into your UBC CWL account
- Submit your supplemental application forms
- Pay the Non-Refundable Processing Fee: $134.00
- This fee must accompany with the supplemental application. No application will be processed without receipt of this fee.
The Supplemental Application Deadline: January 15, 2023 at 11:59 pm PST
Late Application are not accepted
If you are applying to UBC-V BSN program and UBC-O BSN program, you must submit 2 separate supplemental applications to both programs.
After you submit the initial application to UBC Undergraduate Admissions (Step 1), you may begin to prepare for your Altus Suite (CASPer) Assessment.
- Create your personal account under the "Register" page on official Altus Suite website.
- Select a date and time to complete your Altus Suite (CASPer) Assessment (see instructions below)
You are able to complete the assessment at any of the advertised tests available for Undergraduate Nursing at the University of British Columbia.
How to Complete Altus Suite:
In order to take Altus Suite, you will be responsible for securing access to a laptop or desktop computer with webcam and audio capabilities. You will require the following for both account creation and completing Altus Suite:
- Government-issued photo ID
- Valid email address (the same one you will use to submit your application)
- Working webcam
- Working microphone
- Reliable high-speed Internet connection
To search CASPer test dates and fees, please click “Dates and Fees” on the Altus Suite official website.
- Step 1: Select the country which the school you are applying to resides in: Canada
- Step 2: Select the language you would like to use when taking the CASPer test: Either English or French
- Step 3: Select the program you are applying to: Undergraduate Nursing (CSP-10202-Canadian Undergraduate Health Sciences)
- Step 4: Select the School you are applying to: University of British Columbia
Note: Please select one of the available test dates for UBC-Vancouver BSN Program. The deadline to complete the CASPer test is February 2, 2023.
How to Register
- Please go to https://takealtus.com/ to sign up for Altus Suite for Canadian Professional Health Sciences (CSP-10202 – Canadian Undergraduate Health Sciences), under your specific country, and register using your full name as appears on your UBC application, UBC Student ID Number and a piece of government issued photo ID.
- Select a CASPer test date. You will be provided with a limited number of testing dates and times. Please note that these are the only testing dates available for your Casper test. There will be no additional tests scheduled. Please use an email address that you check regularly and that you have used for your application, as there may be updates to the test schedule.
- Ensure you have selected UBC Vancouver BSN Program for distribution before the posted distribution deadline. Likely, there will be no additional tests scheduled, but the most up to date information can be found by browsing the Test Dates and Times
Important: To account for identity verification and payment processing time, ensure that you register for your test at least 3 days before your preferred test date and time. Last-minute bookings are not recommended.
Accommodations: If you require testing accommodations for Altus Suite, please check here for requesting accommodations from Altus.*
*Please note there are critical deadlines for applying to accommodations.
CASPer Test Deadline: February 2, 2023 (Late score report receipts are not accepted).
CASPer Test Schedule: A limited number of testing dates and times available and no other additional tests dates and times scheduled.
CASPer Test Validity: CASPer test results are valid for one application cycle. Applicants who have already taken the test in previous years will therefore be expected to retake it. Applicants are permitted to write CASPer only once per admission cycle.
Any Questions? Please direct any inquiries on the assessment to email@example.com, or you may use the chat bubble in the bottom right hand corner of your screen on the TakeAltus.com website.
CASper Test Completion Deadline: February 2, 2023 at 11:59 pm PST
Late score receipts will not be accepted.
All official transcripts must be sent to UBC Enrolment Services, postmarked by January 31, 2023. There are no exceptions. All applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their official transcripts as soon as possible prior to this deadline to facilitate early processing of applications.
Please carefully review Submit Your Documents
Please note: A transcript is considered official if sent directly from one institution to UBC, and the document has all the official information (school name, logo, address, etc); this document can be sent electronically or by mail.
UBC Vancouver & UBC Okanagan Students are not required to submit Official UBC transcripts. However, you must submit official transcripts from any other post-secondary institution you may have attended. This includes any institutions you attended for exchange, transfer credit, including institutions you attended where you did not finish a degree or certificate program.
Interim Official Transcript Deadline: January 31, 2023 at 11:59pm PST (Must include In-Progress Course Pre-requisites)
Final Official Transcript Deadline: June 7, 2023 at 11:59pm PDT (Must include Final Grades for Pre-requisite Courses)
If you have any questions on how to submit your official documents, or other questions for UBC Enrolment Services, you can contact Enrolment Services here: Ask UBC a Question
Please note it might take some time to receive a reply depending on the volume of requests.
Since the number of qualified applicants normally considerably exceeds the number of places available, fulfillment of the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
The process is competitive and the School reserves the right of selection of all students for admission and readmission to the School.
The School will select for admission those students who not only demonstrate academic potential but also most aptly display a motivation to study nursing and demonstrate the qualities, skills and clinical aptitude most necessary to be a caring and professional nurse.
The admission decisions will be based on academic standing (GPA as calculated by UBC Undergraduate Admissions), assessment of the Nursing Supplemental Application by the BSN Program, and CASPer results.
Incomplete applications will not be assessed or considered for admission eligibility.
Pre-evaluation of applications is not available. We encourage you to explore the website and explore the applicant support options. The program will notify all applicants of their application status update in late Spring 2023.