UBC School of Nursing offices are closed as part of the COVID19 Pandemic response, but we’re all still working--from home—check here for the latest updates
You are required to have completed a CPR-HCP (Health Care Provider) Level course before you begin your clinical practice experience. CPR-HCP certification is to be renewed every year thereafter. You can take the course through a number of facilities (e.g., adult education at your local School Board, local colleges, St. John’s Ambulance, etc.).
The above companies are recommended but is not at all an inclusive list. Please feel free to enroll in a re-certification CPR-HCP course you in your own community.
N95 Mask Fitting
EMTEC Environmental Consulting Ltd.,
#121-8680 Cambie Road, Richmond, B.C.
Please click on link below to sign up for session.
Sign up for N95 Fit Testing
The above three companies are recommended but is not an all an inclusive list. Outside the lower mainland you may find N95 Fit testing services for health facilities in your own community. The service you need is N95 respirator fit testing services conducted in accordance with the CSA Standard CAN/CSA-Z94.4.02. The masks generally supplied in the relevant clinical placements in the BC Health Authorities include: 3M Aura 1870+ (3M 1870 to be phased out by 2016), 3M 1860, 3M 1860S, Kimberly Clark Regular, Kimberly Clark Small.
NOTE: You are asked to keep copies of all indicated documents on SPECO and be able to produce them if requested at the clinical setting. Failure to do so could result in the loss of clinical time. You are asked to copies of all indicated documents on SPECO and be able to produce them if requested at the clinical setting. Failure to do so could result in the loss of clinical time.
A: School of Nursing offices will be closed December 22, 2018 – January 1, 2019 inclusive. Most offices at UBC will be closed December 25, 2018 – January 1, 2019 inclusive.
On December 24, 2018 – while the School of Nursing will be closed, Enrolment Services & Student Development & Services will be open until 2pm. Students can contact their Enrolment Services Advisors via email after the 21st, for urgent follow up.
- Students can find their enrolment services advisor’s contact information on the Student Service Centre (SSC)under Personal Info > UBC Contacts.
- Or Phone an advisor at 604 822 9836 or toll-free at 1 877 272 1422
- Call 911 or visit nearest emergency room
For urgent concern related to student’s health, each of these resources is available 24/7:
- Vancouver General Hospital Access & Assessment Centre: 604.675.3700
- Vancouver Crisis Line: 1.800.784.2433
- Vancouver General Hospital: 604.875.4995
- UBC Campus Security: 604.822.2222
- Women Against Violence Against Women (WAVAW): 604.255.6344 or 1.877.392.7583
Students in financial distress for food, please contact:
- The Greater Vancouver Food Bank is open December 29, 30 and 31 at these locations and times.
- Campus Security has services to support students in financial distress for food over the holiday break.
For all non-emergency inquiries the appropriate member of the Student Services team will respond upon our return to the School on January 2, 2019