Clinical Nurse Specialist
Heart Rhythm and Transcatheter Heart Valve Programs
St. Paul’s Hospital
1081 Burrard St
Vancouver, BC V6Z 1Y6
- Registered Nursing Diploma, Royal Alexandra Hospital
- BScN, University of Alberta
- MSN, University of British Columbia
- Canadian Heart Rhythm Society: Board of Directors Member (Allied Health Representative)
- Canadian Council of Cardiovascular Nurses
- Heart Rhythm Society
Honours & Awards
- 2012: CRNBC Award of Excellence in Nursing Education
- 2011: CCCN Cardiovascular Nursing Clinical Excellence Award
- Provide clinical leadership in the development and implementation of nursing practice standards, guidelines, education strategies, quality improvement, research initiatives and system changes within the Transcatheter Heart Valve and Heart Rhythm Program.
- Participation in unit specific, program and hospital wide development of protocols, guidelines and nursing standards.
- Extensive experience presenting educational sessions and cardiac processes of care at hospital, regional and national conferences.
Lauck, S., Garland, E., Achtem, L., Forman, J., Baumbusch, J., Boone, R., Cheung, A., Ye, J., Woods, D., Webb, J. G. (2014). Integrating a palliative approach in a transcatheter heart valve program: Bridging innovations in the management of severe aortic stenosis and best end-of-life practice. European Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing. 13 (2), 177-184
Forman, J., Currie, L., Lauck, S. Baumbusch, J. (2014). Exploring changes in functional status while waiting for transcatheter aortic valve implantation. European Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing. 14: 560-569
Lauck, S., Baumbusch, J., Achtem, L., Forman, J., Carroll, S. L., Cheung, A., Ye, J., Wood, D., Webb, J. G. (2015). Factors influencing the decision of older adults to be assessed for transcatheter aortic valve implantation: An exploratory study. European Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing. 15 (7), 486-494