The Office of Nursing Research & Teaching Scholarship (ONRTS) aims to provide timely support to aid UBC Nursing researchers to identify and apply for research funding. This includes assistance with obtaining institutional approval for funding applications.
In general, UBC requires a preview of the application in advance of their providing institutional approvals in either hardcopy or electronically. Elements of the application that are required in advance include:
- Title Page;
- Agency Signature Page (if this page is applicable);
- Abstract or Summary of Proposed Project;
- Agency Ethics Certification Requirements Page;
- Budget summary and all accompanying financial information; and
- Letters of financial support or matching funds from UBC, collaborating companies, or other institutions.
- A signed Research Project Information Form (RPIF)
For electronic submissions, this creates a double internal deadline:
- Nursing internal deadline: 1 business day before UBC deadline - for dept head sig on RPIF
- UBC internal deadline: 5 business days before sponsor’s deadline
- Applicant’s web submission deadline: 2 business days before funder’s deadline
- Funder’s deadline: UBC to click final submission button on funder’s online system
Contact the Office of Nursing Research & Teaching Scholarship to confirm your intent to submit, internal deadlines, and/or request application support.
Specific competition internal deadlines are included below:
UBC Nursing Deadline: November 3, 4:30pm
UBC G+PS Deadline: November 17
UBC Nursing Deadline: November 15, noon
UBC TLEF Deadline: November 17, 3pm