Please check the ubc.ca website for weather warnings and campus closure. January 16, 2020 Update: Campus operations and classes are proceeding as normal.
The Office of Nursing Research & Teaching Scholarship (ONRTS) aims to provide timely support to aid UBC Nursing researchers to identify and apply for research funding. This includes assistance with obtaining institutional approval for funding applications.
In general, UBC requires a preview of the application in advance of their providing institutional approvals in either hardcopy or electronically. Elements of the application that are required in advance include:
- Title Page;
- Agency Signature Page (if this page is applicable);
- Abstract or Summary of Proposed Project;
- Agency Ethics Certification Requirements Page;
- Budget summary and all accompanying financial information; and
- Letters of financial support or matching funds from UBC, collaborating companies, or other institutions.
- A signed Research Project Information Form (RPIF)
For electronic submissions, this creates a double internal deadline:
- Nursing internal deadline: 1 business day before UBC deadline - for dept head sig on RPIF
- UBC internal deadline: 5 business days before sponsor’s deadline
- Applicant’s web submission deadline: 2 business days before funder’s deadline
- Funder’s deadline: UBC to click final submission button on funder’s online system
Contact the Office of Nursing Research & Teaching Scholarship to confirm your intent to submit, internal deadlines, and/or request application support.
Specific competition internal deadlines are included below:
MSFHR LOI deadline: Nov. 29, 2019
UBC Nursing Deadline: PENDING
UBC ORS Deadline: PENDING
e-Submission Deadline: PENDING
MSFHR LOI deadline: Nov. 29, 2019
UBC Nursing's internal deadline: Monday, January 27 @ noon
- Page 1-2 from MSFHR Full application including organization affiliation up to Requested Award Duration
- Project title and lay summary from MSFHR Full Application
- Supervisor and Co-Supervisor page from MSFHR Full Application
- A signed UBC Research Project Information Form (RPIF) Under “Principal Investigator or Research-Applicant” provide the Supervisor’s name, contact info and department details should be those of the supervisor. Enter trainee’s name under “Is this is a student or trainee fellowship, please enter recipient name” in Box B.
UBC Internal deadline: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 at 8:30 am
esubmission deadline: You may continue to work on your proposal after you have submitted your paperwork to ORS. Your electronic application should be submitted on ApplyNet by Friday, January 31, 2020 by 4:30pm
UBC Nursing Deadline: March 6, 2020
UBC Applied Science Deadline: March 13, 2020
UBC Provost Deadline: March 27, 2020
For full procedures see: Call for Nominations
UBC Nursing Deadline: Feb. 3, 2020 @ midnight
Banting Deadline: February 14, 2020, 5:00 pm ET.
UBC Nursing Deadline: Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2020 @ noon
- A signed UBC Research Project Information Form
- Page 1 and 2 of the CIHR Application Detail sections (download from ResearchNet under "Preview Application Materials")
- Complete Summary page
- Other Applicant Pages, if applicable
- Budget modules including written justifications
- Signed letter(s) of support from Partner’s (cash or in-kind), if applicable
Applicant's ResearchNet e-submission Deadline: Tuesday, March 3, 2020 @ noon