UBC School of Nursing offices are closed as part of the COVID19 Pandemic response, but we’re all still working--from home—check here for the latest updates
The Office of Nursing Research & Teaching Scholarship (ONRTS) aims to provide timely support to aid UBC Nursing researchers to identify and apply for research funding. This includes assistance with obtaining institutional approval for funding applications.
In general, UBC requires a preview of the application in advance of their providing institutional approvals in either hardcopy or electronically. Elements of the application that are required in advance include:
- Title Page;
- Agency Signature Page (if this page is applicable);
- Abstract or Summary of Proposed Project;
- Agency Ethics Certification Requirements Page;
- Budget summary and all accompanying financial information; and
- Letters of financial support or matching funds from UBC, collaborating companies, or other institutions.
- A signed Research Project Information Form (RPIF)
For electronic submissions, this creates a double internal deadline:
- Nursing internal deadline: 1 business day before UBC deadline - for dept head sig on RPIF
- UBC internal deadline: 5 business days before sponsor’s deadline
- Applicant’s web submission deadline: 2 business days before funder’s deadline
- Funder’s deadline: UBC to click final submission button on funder’s online system
Contact the Office of Nursing Research & Teaching Scholarship to confirm your intent to submit, internal deadlines, and/or request application support.
Specific competition internal deadlines are included below:
2020 New Frontiers in Research Fund - Transformation LOI
UBC Nursing Deadline: July 8, 2020.
- A signed UBC Research Project Information Form (RPIF).
- Title page of LOI (page 1)
- Participants page listing co-PIs, co-applicants
- Summary of proposal
- Budget page (note: budget should include 25% ICR per NFRF guidelines)
Applicant e-submission on Convergence Portal: July 14, 2020
- February 10, 2020: Register to apply for HPI (Letter of Intent Deadline)
- July 1, 2020: Send application package to Department Head/School Director office for review & approval
- July 17, 2020 | 4:30pm: Applicant submits application on ApplyNet (Applicant e-Submission Deadline)
UBC Nursing Deadline: Feb. 3, 2020 @ midnight
Banting Deadline: February 14, 2020, 5:00 pm ET.
UBC Nursing Deadline: Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2020 @ noon
- A signed UBC Research Project Information Form
- Page 1 and 2 of the CIHR Application Detail sections (download from ResearchNet under "Preview Application Materials")
- Complete Summary page
- Other Applicant Pages, if applicable
- Budget modules including written justifications
- Signed letter(s) of support from Partner’s (cash or in-kind), if applicable
Applicant's ResearchNet e-submission Deadline: Tuesday, March 3, 2020 @ noon