Senior Instructor Emerita
- BSN, University of British Columbia
- MSN, University of British Columbia
- Director, Board of Directors, St. Leonard’s Youth and Family Services, Burnaby BC
- BC representative to Canadian Registered Nurse Examination (CRNE) Competency Development Committee for CNA
- Member, Xi Eta Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- Site visitor - CRNBC Education Program Recognition Program
- Member, Association of Women's Health, Obstetrical and Neonatal Nursing, (AWHONN) Canada Section
- Member, Steering Committee, Educator Pathway Project in partnership with Vancouver Coastal Health, Fraser Health, BCNU and UVic School of Nursing
- External Peer Reviewer, UBC Dentistry Peer Review Project
- Member, Advisory Committee, BSN program at University College of the Fraser Valley (UCFV)
- CoChair, PBL Network, Teaching and Academic Growth (TAG), UBC
- External Reviewer, College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba
The pedagogy of questions and questioning: Exploring the views of nurse educators and nursing students
Selected Publications not Indexed in PubMed
Clauson, M. (2009). Young to middle adult. In P.A. Potter, A.G. Perry, J.C. Ross-Kerr, & M.J. Wood (Eds.), Canadian Fundamentals of Nursing (4th ed.). (Chaper 24). Toronto, ON: Elsevier.
MacPhee, M., Espezel, H. Clauson, M., and Gustavson, K. (2008). A collaborative model to introduce quality and safety content into the undergraduate nursing leadership curriculum. Journal of Nursing Care Quality, 14(1), 83-89.
Clauson, M.I. (2007). Book Review: Teaching Nursing: Developing a Student-Centered Learning Environment, L. Young, B. Paterson (Eds). In Nurse Education Today, 27(6). 661.
Hall, W.A., Saunders, R.A., Clauson, M., Carty, E.M., & Janssen, P.A. (2006). Effects of an intervention aimed at reducing night waking and signalling in 6- to12-month-old infants. Behavioral Sleep Medicine, 4(4), 242-261.
Hall, W.A., Clauson, M., Carty, E.M., Janssen, P.A., & Saunders, R.A. (2006). Effects on parents of an intervention to resolve infant behavioural sleep problems. Pediatric Nursing, 32(3), 243-250.
I currently teach the Curriculum Development, Educational Processes in Nursing and Clinical Nursing Education courses in the MSN program. In the undergraduate program, my focus is on the Leadership, Ethics and Policy courses.
I supervise MSN students in directed studies, practica and major essays in a variety of areas, including clinical practice education, teaching/learning theory and practice, preceptorship/mentorship, professional practice environments, practice and educational leadership, and selected topics related to perinatal nursing.