Lecturer, BSN Program Coordinator (Term 4/5)
- MSN (Nursing), University of British Columbia
- BN (Nursing), University of Manitoba
Affiliations & Links
Honours & Awards
- CRNBC Award Excellence in Nursing Practice (1995)
- Public Health Nurse, Vancouver Coastal Health
- Member, Practice Education Committee - UBC School of Nursing
- Member, Undergraduate Orientation Committee - UBC School of Nursing
- Member, Scholarship on Teaching and Research Committee - UBC School of Nursing
Area of work:
Community nursing with a focus on public health nursing
- Health promotion for families with young children birth to 24 years – How to keep them healthy and prevent illness.
- Public health Nursing
- History of Public Health Nursing in BC- worked with Geertje on 2 projects related to this topic.
- Engaging community agencies to create rich learning opportunities for UBC nursing students.
Selected Publications not Indexed in PubMed
Lynam, M.J., Gurm, B., & Dhari, R. (2000). Exploring perinatal health in Indo-Canadian women. Can Nurse, 96(4), 18-24.
Dhari, R., Patel, I., Fryer, M., Dhari, M., Bilku, S., & Bains, S. (1997). Creating a supportive environment for Indo-Canadian women. Can Nurse, 93(3), 27-31.
Ms. Dhari is a lecturer within the nursing undergraduate program. As a long-time employee with Vancouver Coastal Health, she has held various positions, including a leadership role as the Educator for Public Health Nurses in the Vancouver Community. She is interested in the areas of Public Health nursing and Health Promotion, which she brings into her teaching with the undergraduate students. She have been a Clinical Associate for Population Health course (NURS 336) and established 2 new clinical sites: (1) Ravensong community health Centre (RSCHC) and (2) Richmond Public health services. She has also implemented “Group facilitation skills” workshop into the clinical curriculum and co-facilitates these workshops each rotation (every 6 weeks). Each workshop provides foundational presentation and facilitation skills to students.
Courses Taught at UBC
NURS 302: Foundations for Professional Nursing Practice
NURS 336: Professional Nursing Practice with Communities and Populations
NURS 427: Consolidated Nursing Practicum