Support for BSN Students

The BSN Program Academic Advisor, Elisabeth Bailey  is available to assist you throughout the year as you make decisions related to your studies and progression. She will clarify program requirements and school policies, and address questions of academic concern. Questions pertaining to admission to the BSN program should be directed to the Admissions Coordinator at

Contact the BSN Academic Advisor

Need to Request Academic Concession?

BSN Students who miss In-term Work or who miss a Final Exam for ALL courses offered by UBC School of Nursing and are requesting academic concession must submit this form within 48 hours of their absence or inability to complete graded work. If you are requesting academic concession for multiple courses you must make a separate submission for each course. There is no limit to the number of times you can submit this form. Academic concessions are generally granted when students are facing an unexpected situation or circumstance that prevents them from completing graded work. Students may request an academic concession for unanticipated changes in personal responsibilities that create a conflict, medical circumstances, or compassionate grounds.

Request Academic Concession (In-Term Work)        Request Academic Concession (Final Exam)


School of Nursing Student Services and CPPU

Have a question about how to navigate the School or UBC? Not sure who to contact at the School of Nursing? Have some feedback for us about the Student Spaces? 

Your Guide to the Student Services office and the Clinical Practice Placement Unit

Contact Student Services

BSN Program Announcements Blog

Make sure you visit the BSN Announcements Blog frequently to not miss out on any important information or opportunities.

BSN Program FAQ's

The BSN Program FAQ's is a resource for new and returning BSN students to obtain important program information about the School of Nursing and the University of British Columbia. This resource is created by the School of Nursing Faculty & Administration to help students navigate their program. 

BSN Program FAQ's


UBC has a range of supports to help you sort out your academic requirements, take care of your finances, and get support and advice whenever you need it.

Enrolment Services Advisor (ESA) can help you make the most of your time at UBC (Financial Support Options, Student Loans, Campus Resources, Registration and much more...)

All undergraduate students registered in a degree program on UBC's Vancouver campus have been assigned an Enrolment Services Advisor (ESA) who can give financial advice and help you take care of the basics like paying tuition, requesting a transcript, or changing your program.Your ESA supports you throughout your entire time at UBC. From the start of your degree, up until you graduate, your ESA can help you with things like tuition, course registration and financial planning. They can also guide you through UBC regulations and processes to make sure you get the resources you need, when you need them.

Contact Your ESA

Support for Indigenous Students

If you are an Indigenous student at UBC Vancouver you have a lot of options to help you succeed in or expand upon your studies, get involved in campus life, maintain your health, and much more. Visit the Indigenous Portal, choose Current Students, and explore one or all of the links in the Student Resources Menu on the left-hand side of the page. You’ll be presented with information designed to help you make a choice that’s right for you.

AMS Advocacy & Ombuds (Responsible for Resolving Student Disputes and Representing Students)

The Advocacy and Ombuds offices are responsible for resolving student disputes and representing students. Chances are that if you’re in some form of formal conflict, the Advocacy and Ombuds offices can help you. They do very different things, but together they form our conflict resolution team.

  • The Advocacy Office exclusively does pro-student guidance and representation. They’ll help you out if you’re having any kind of formal conflict with the university. Most commonly, students looking to resolve academic disputes, appeal student fees, or navigate a discipline case, will seek guidance and assistance from the Advocacy Office.
  • The Ombuds Office is an independent, impartial body for conflict resolution and confidential service. They don’t answer to the AMS, they don’t answer to the university, and they don’t answer to anyone else. They’re like Jack Reacher, if Jack Reacher was a really, really good mediator.
The Office of the Ombudsperson (Resource to Assist Students in Addressing and Resolving Concerns About Unfair Treatment at UBC)

The Office of the Ombudsperson for Students, works with UBC community members to ensure students are treated fairly and can learn, work and live in a fair, equitable and respectful environment. 

Reporting directly to the President, the office is an independent, impartial and confidential resource for students at UBC, jointly funded by the AMS, GSS and UBC.

Visit a Health Care Professional at Student Health Services

Student Health Service offers a variety of health care services to help you live well, feel good, and achieve your goals. Our family doctors and registered nurses can help you take care of your physical and mental health so that you’re able to have the best university experience possible. Student Health Service offers care for registered UBC students year-round. Our physicians can also act as your family doctor while you are a student at UBC.

Talk to a Counsellor at UBC Counselling Services

Speaking with a counsellor can help you better understand any mental health concerns you face. A counsellor can also help you identify ways to manage or overcome these concerns so you can live well and accomplish the things that are important to you. Counselling Services can help you with any mental health concerns interfering with your ability to feel good and achieve your goals. Some examples include: stress, depression, relationship difficulties and any other topics related to your wellbeing.

If you are dealing with concerns like depression, anxiety, or stress, your counsellor may recommend a group counselling program.

Centre for Accessibility - Support for Students with a Disability or Ongoing Medical Condition

Centre for Accessibility works with the University to create an inclusive living and learning environment in which all students can thrive. We work with students, staff, and faculty to build a community for all. We take an intersectional approach to issues of diversity, looking at how gender, race, sexual orientation and other social categories interact to create barriers for students.

Access and Diversity provides support and program initiatives designed to remove barriers for students with a disability or ongoing medical condition. 

Get Support From Your Peers at the Wellness Centre

The Wellness Centre is a friendly, safe space for you to talk with experienced students about things like safer sex, how to manage stress, and ways to eat and sleep better. Wellness Peers have a passion for mental and physical health promotion and can share health resources with you, inform you about great campus resources, and partner with you on wellness related events. Speaking with another student can give you insight into how other students manage stress, the best ways to prepare and eat good food on a budget, how to make friends on such a large campus, and where to go if you’d like more help taking care of your wellbeing.

Positive Space Campaign for LGBT*TQIA+ Community

The Positive Space Campaign is an initiative intended to help make UBC more receptive to and welcoming of its lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans* (transgender, transsexual, trans-identified), two-spirit, queer, questioning, intersex and asexual (LGBT*TQIA+) communities, individuals and issues of sexual and gender diversity on campus. It aims to foster a welcoming atmosphere and inclusive, respectful dialogue on campus for people of all sexual orientations and gender identities by identifying spaces where sexual and gender diversity is supported and valued.

Sexual Violence Prevention and Response Office (SVPRO)

UBC’s Sexual Violence Prevention and Response Office (SVPRO) is a safe and confidential place for students, faculty, staff who have experienced sexual violence, regardless of where or when it took place. This includes any attempt or act of a sexual nature without your consent. All gender identities, expressions and sexualities are welcome.

Crisis Support 24/7 - Reach out for immediate help if you or someone else is in danger, or at risk of harming yourself or others.

Get help if you or someone else is in immediate danger, or at risk of harming yourself or others, 

CALL 911 or visit your nearest emergency room

If you or someone you know is feeling hopeless or at risk of harm, call or chat online with a crisis responder any time. 


UBC Student Assistance Program (SAP) - 24/7 Wellness Resource 

Offered by Aspiria, UBC SAP provides free, 24/7 personal counselling and life coaching for all UBC students. Services are available by phone, video, face to face (where available), e-counselling and in multiple languages. Also included are Aspiria’s AWARE Mindfulness Program and Computerized Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CCBT) for students who prefer self-guided options.
UBC SAP can help you with a wide range of concerns to support your mental, emotional, physical and financial health including:

  • Academic stress
  • Anxiety
  • Coping with change
  • Depression
  • Substance misuse or abuse
  • Crisis
  • Legal issues
  • Nutrition and fitness
  • Relationships or interpersonal concerns
  • Grief and trauma
  • Financial planning or insecurity

Click here for more information and how to access this service.